Matchbox Does Brunch

Matchbox, Penn Quarter's pizza hot spot, recently added brunch to its repertoire on Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. And though I'll always be a mini burger addict, my new favorite Matchbox dishes are delivered in cast iron skillets.

Super soft cinnamon rolls (pictured above), a delicious chorizo and manchego egg tortilla, steak and eggs and a few other hearty brunch items are served in small skillets. Check out the whole brunch menu here. And don't miss the bloody marys.

The restaurant has also started making desserts in-house, including a decadent chocolate chip bread pudding, an ice cream sandwich filled with coffee gelato, and sugar-dusted doughnuts. "The puzzle is complete," co-owner Andrew Kim said of the new menu additions.

In other news, construction is under way at the Capitol Hill outpost of Matchbox. A fall opening is possible, though the only prediction I could get out of Kim was "2008." Stay tuned.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Haven't they been doing brunch for awhile? I know I went sometime this winter and had a great stuffed french toast :)
Anonymous said…
oh man that photo just made me salivate :)
Amanda said…
Anon - They just added Saturday brunch in June, but you're right that brunch itself isn't totally new. I should have been more clear. And I need to go try the french toast next time.

Popular posts from this blog

ENTERTAIN } For The Love Of Salt

STYLE } Bar Styling Tips with Framebridge

Hello Cupcake Opens