$1 Oysters at Hank's Happy Hour

As much as I love oysters, they can empty your wallet pretty quickly at the average $2 a pop they run around town. Thankfully my favorite place to slurp down a tray, Hank's Oyster Bar, recently launched a $1 oyster happy hour.

From 5:30-6:30 p.m. Sunday through Friday, chef Jamie Leeds (above) is serving oysters for $1 apiece. The deal will run through February.

Wash back a dozen with a pint of Allagash White, new to the taps at Hank’s, or one of the bar's wintry cocktails, like a Spiced Pear Hot Toddy, made with Poire Williams, fresh ginger-infused Gosling’s, five spice simple maple syrup, a splash of fresh lemon sour and hot water ($11).

Hank's Oyster Bar
1624 Q St. NW
202.462.4265

Comments

Anonymous said…
SW Waterfront Market -- $5.50 for 6 all the time. (Right?)
brys said…
I've only been to the SW market a couple of times, but I wonder where their oysters are from.

Call me pretentious, but since they're filters and all, I'm partial to the West Coast for oysters.
brys said…
Oh, and I think of the Canadian East Coast as clean, too. (These are not scientific comments.)
Anonymous said…
I love the SW Waterfront market, but their oysters are TERRIBLE. Very fishy, not creamy at all, and pretty shallow.
Amanda said…
I guess I should have specified that I meant the average restaurant price is about $2 apiece.

Over Thanksgiving, we has a peck (about 42) roasted for $18 (!) at an NC dive. Oysters were from Texas. Can't beat the price but they're probably not the kind you want to eat raw...

Popular posts from this blog

ENTERTAIN } For The Love Of Salt

STYLE } Bar Styling Tips with Framebridge

Hello Cupcake Opens