Market Bounty: Buttermilk Pecan Pie

I like pecan pie just fine. But I'm not a fan of the gelatinous binding that corn syrup creates in most traditional versions.

So it was with great enthusiasm that I stuck my fork into the buttermilk pecan pie I picked up at the 14th and U Farmers Market last Saturday. The confection's creator, Aisha Wilson Bond, uses a delicious buttermilk custard as the base for the pecan pie.

Bond sells bread pudding, pies and breads made from old family recipes at the market, which runs Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., in front of the Reeves building. Look for her NanBon sign.

I was hoping to snag some of her strawberry bread, made with local fruit, but the early birds cleaned her out. Maybe this weekend ...

(Metrocurean photo.)

Comments

Unknown said…
Glad you liked her pecan pie!

Aisha will have lots of her local strawberry bread this week at both 14&U (Saturday 9-1) and Bloomingdale Sunday 10-2.

Robin
Anonymous said…
Can't wait to pick up some of this stuff!

Popular posts from this blog

ENTERTAIN } For The Love Of Salt

STYLE } Bar Styling Tips with Framebridge

Hello Cupcake Opens