Current Obsession: CommonWealth's Fried Olives

Have I mentioned how much I love olives?

With that in mind, I've found my new favorite bar snack: the fried olives stuffed with lemon at the newly opened CommonWealth. They're warm and just barely coated in thin, crisp batter. And they pair perfectly with a glass of Prosecco. I'll try them with a pint of beer next time.

I was also thrilled to find a special offering pork tenderloin from Eco Friendly Foods, my favorite local purveyor of pastured meats. Check them out on Sundays at the Dupont FreshFarm Market.

Comments

monkeyrotica said…
Scotch eggs for me. Great with the parsley sauce. And the roasted bone marrow rocks. Like butter made out of steak.
Amanda said…
Coming off a heavy lunch, we were eating "light." Next trip, must get scotch eggs and marrow.
Anonymous said…
Now, THAT is a place I'm going to have to try!
Jordan Hirsch said…
I'm thrilled to learn that they offer some sustainably raised meat! Now I will definitely have to try this place.
Anonymous said…
I appreciate your taste tremendously and I like Commonwealth (frog in a puff = lamb sausage in a blanket = delicious), but it was agreed upon by everyone at my table that those olives taste like Pledge eith Lemon.
Amanda said…
You know what's funny about your comment? I couldn't even taste the lemon. The olives were so small I couldn't imagine how much lemon could have actually been in there.

Maybe your order had significantly more lemon? Were your olives big or small?

Popular posts from this blog

ENTERTAIN } For The Love Of Salt

STYLE } Bar Styling Tips with Framebridge

Hello Cupcake Opens