Conde Nast Pulls Plug On Gourmet

It's bad news Monday in the foodie-verse. The New York Times Media Decoder reports that Condé Nast will stop publishing Gourmet magazine after 68 years. Boooo!

Gawker has the internal memo about the Condé closures, which also hit Modern Bride and Cookie, including this regarding Gourmet:
Gourmet magazine will cease monthly publication, but we will remain committed to the brand, retaining Gourmet's book publishing and television programming, and Gourmet recipes on Epicurious.com. We will concentrate our publishing activities in the epicurean category on Bon Appétit.
Gourmet was the first magazine I subscribed to when I left home, long before I knew I wanted to be a food writer. A sad day indeed.

Comments

Chrystal K. said…
This is so sad. not only for the readers of those magazines, but for the writers/editors that now have to find new jobs. I really hope everyone of them finds a place to work that they really love soon.
Scott said…
It's beyond sad. I wish they'd asked me first. I'd have paid a lot more to keep this mag afloat. It really was the best of the lot.
cheap said…
It just made me sad..
The Omnivore said…
I think, for many of us, Gourmet introduced us to the wonders of both good food and different cultures. They were, as far back as I can remember, the quintessential slow food publication. Sadly, that's no longer our food culture.

Popular posts from this blog

ENTERTAIN } For The Love Of Salt

STYLE } Bar Styling Tips with Framebridge

Hello Cupcake Opens