The Cult Of Pumpkin Whoopie Pies


I think it's safe to say that the pumpkin whoopie pies from Pecan Meadow Farms, available at the 14th and U farmers market, now have a cult following.

And for good reason. The sweets start with pumpkins grown on the farm — no canned stuff here. They're made with Pecan Meadow's free-range eggs (also delicious on their own) and are filled with fluffy sweet cream cheese icing.

Mentions of the pies regularly show up on my Twitter feed, and I've even overheard people talking about them over brunch at Saint-Ex. Get to the market each Saturday early to get 'em before they're gone.

Lucky for me, I have some wonderful friends who make sure that if I miss the market, I don't miss the whoopie pies. In fact, two just showed up at my door.

Pardon me, I have a whoopie pie to eat...

Comments

Crash said…
Amanda,

I think that you are thrilled to have an excuse to say (or type) "whoopie pie" repeatedly ;-)

I can't say that I blame you. Frankly, it sounds like an awesome name for a grunge rock band.
Herb said…
I just had one for breakfast! Okay two...
Unknown said…
I still haven't tried the pumpkin ones...mostly because I don't want anything to ruin the incredible memory of their chocolate peanut butter whoopie pies. I have no need for pumpkin after one of those...
Candace said…
That looks yummy, was hopin for a recipe now gonna have to go searchin :)
Finjo said…
Had their Chili for dinner last night...also delicious!
Amanda said…
whoopie, whoopie, whoopie! (Yes, crash, perhaps you are right.)

Candace - I was thisclose to linking to this recipe from Martha. I may try it soon!

jburka - Yes, the pumpkin has tight competition from the peanut butter chocolate. I have room for them both in my heart ... and stomach.

Finjo - Did you save me any?

Popular posts from this blog

ENTERTAIN } For The Love Of Salt

STYLE } Bar Styling Tips with Framebridge

Hello Cupcake Opens