Posto Haste: Viridian Replacement On Way

A new sign outside 1515 14th St. reads:
"Welcome to our neighborhood. Let me be the first of many to say how very excited I am that Paolo Sacco and Massimo Fabbri (of Tosca restaurant) are coming to the Logan area! ... Please hurry, I'm hungry
giorgio furioso"

That welcome is aimed at Posto, a casual Italian trattoria from Tosca owner Sacco and Tosca chef Fabbri that will fill the space vacated by Viridian. Furioso co-owned Viridian and owns the gorgeous, historic building, also home to several art galleries.

A spokesperson for the restaurant tells Metrocurean that Posto is tentatively slated for an early August opening. Fabbri is planning a menu of simple Northern Italian dishes, featuring locally grown vegetables and area-raised meat and fish, and pizzas fired in a custom wood-burning oven.

To second Furioso's request, hurry, I'm hungry, too.

Comments

Betty Bleu said…
I am thrilled about this news. The building is beautiful and it's a great location for a restaurant. It's been so sad to have such a great space vacant all this time.

I hope a weekend brunch will be as good as Viridian offered!
Anonymous said…
My partner and I have been looking forward to this since Tom Sietsema broke the news back in mid-March. It's nice to now have an idea of when the new place might open...we've been missing Viridian as a nice place to go before hitting a show at Studio.
Amanda said…
I'm actually glad it didn't take longer to find a tenant. Let's just hope any changes/construction go smoothly and they can feed us sooner rather than later. =)

Popular posts from this blog

ENTERTAIN } For The Love Of Salt

STYLE } Bar Styling Tips with Framebridge

Hello Cupcake Opens